<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New TV series - "Little Mosque on the Prairie" 

This new CBC comedy, which premieres tonight, has been getting a lot of press. The basic premise: a humorous look at Muslims living in small-town Saskatchewan. The idea is actually not so far-fetched; rural communities are not as homogeneous as people tend to believe. In Alberta, the small town (pop. 2700) of Lac La Biche has a significant Muslim community (about 11% of the population), the first of whom began arriving in the area over 100 years ago.

I'm looking forward to seeing the show (alas, I don't have tv so I have to wait for my friend to tape it for me). Canadians have a quirky sense of humour. If the show is as funny as Corner Gas, it will definitely be a winner.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?